Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ohio - Day 10


Today I passed through the city of Columbus, the capital of Ohio and located at its center. While the trip here has been though mostly fields, the city is large and populous, with many lights and sounds. There are many construction sites throughout the city with posters on their barriers proclaiming the newest high-tech building that we someday stand there. Despite the hopeful proclamations of the posters, however, many of the sites look like they have made little progress recently. I can only imagine how badly the recession has hit this area when I see so many of these lots. There are also many advertisements for the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, an apparent hotspot for tourists. I’ve heard good things about it from reviews, and I may go check it out later if I find the time. All throughout the city there are skywalks, so I might take a short hike there.

1 comment:

  1. Columbus sounds like an incredible city. With all the tourist attractions, I can't imagine how busy you were. However, the thing that grabbed my attension most was the fact that you had to drive through miles of fields to suddenly come to this big city. Reminds me of how Division 8, even though its refered to as a mountainous part of the country, also has a diverse climate. You'll be driving through wide plains and 10 minutes later you're going through narrow gaps in the mountains.

    To learn more about Division 8 visit: http://tvhsmountain8.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete